Thursday, January 20, 2022

A Wandering Machine.

We had our snow 'event' yesterday.  I am not sure how much we got but I would say probably 10 cm (5 in.) or so.  There were times when I couldn't see the end of our house.  When it settled down,, I went out and blew some of the accumulation from the deck.  It was too deep in spots (the thrower's limit is 6 inches) as I hadn't been out there for a week because of the extreme cold.   It is still very cold today.  Hubby froze his fingers tending the chickens and doing the outdoor work.  Not fun being my man on these days.  I do hustle and get him a hot drink when he gets in to show my appreciation.

Yesterday was hubbies birthday.  I made his day a little special by making apple crisp, his favourite dessert.  I almost forgot to give him his gift and then couldn't find it.  We don't have many rooms in our home so it should have been fairly easy to locate it but I had to look in the 3 logical ones 2 or 3 times before I found it sitting in plain sight in a large shopping bag.

Today, I am working on a friends quilt.  I started it quite a while ago but had to unstitch one side of the border as my machine was wandering (It was the machine's fault-honest)  I was doing straight lines a 1/4 inch apart but some of the lines got a little creative.  I have since bought another LA ruler for straight stitching and have clamped the machine wheels to keep it from moving.  I used a bit of ingenuity for the clamps as the ones I bought were too big.  I found that two binder clamps work perfectly well.  A small piece of batting helps ensure there isn't any scratches.

We are getting some of our Covid restrictions eased.  I haven't heard them all yet but am hoping the quilt group will be able to meet again.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I spent a couple of hours working on the quilt patches today. I don't know what the problem is, but my back gets very sore sewing. I've raised and lowered my chair multiple times.
    I had a fresh pot of coffee waiting for my guy when he came in from blowing the lane for the second time. We had snow Monday AND Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coldest day of the year in Charlotte, NC High of 31...unbelievable...a record...inside with my beloved stash and my sewing machine xo

    ReplyDelete