Monday, January 10, 2022

New Projects

Karen commented that she has been sewing the four patch blocks she made into quilt tops.  I am hoping she will share a photo of them when they are done.

I have set my block making aside for a few days as I am working on masks and carrier bags.  I have almost finished one bag and will share a photo when it is complete.  This one is my prototype so it has taken a bit longer.  I have so many small (8"X8" and up) panels as well as left over blocks that I am incorporating them into the bags.  It is nice to have smaller projects to do as they use up a lot of the bits and pieces I have saved.  I wonder if any quilter ever completely uses up all their fabric?  I don't see how it is possible.  A friend moved into a senior's residence which is quite a bit smaller than their home and she gave away a lot of her fabric and just kept the kits she had bought but never made.  I think that was a good choice as the kits will have all the fabric she needs with the exception of batting and backing.  When ready she can buy just what she needs to complete the kit.

We have been experiencing some very cold weather-mostly because of the wind chill.  There isn't a breeze today so I went outside and shovelled some snow.  I didn't get a lot done but it was nice to get the fresh air.

Blessings,


2 comments:

  1. I sew in fits and starts. It is so cold in the back bedroom where I sew with the extreme temperatures and high winds. I would like to get that top done soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My room is cold as well, Karen. I have a heater but the room is too big for it to do more than take off the chill. Supposed to warm up at bit by Thurs.

      Delete