Monday, January 17, 2022

Herding Instinct

 A lot of southern Ontario  had a snow 'event' today.  School buses were cancelled some businesses closed lots of vehicles in the ditch.  It wasn't as bad here which was nice as we needed to go to Huntsville (3/4 hour south) for my hubbies follow up medical appointment.  We went early as I had shopping to do which took less than usual as there wasn't many people in the stores.  Dropped hubby off at the surgeon's office and parked at Tim's until he was ready to go home.  Everything is great with his hand and it is healing well.

I was rather surprised there weren't more people in the stores as, when I drove a city transit bus, it was always busier when the weather was bad.  It took me a while to figure out why that was as logic would say that you stay indoors during a storm.  I finally realized the reason everyone wanted to go downtown was due to the herding instinct.  Where there is danger, there is a natural instinct to gather together for comfort. I seem to be lacking that tendency as I am always glad for the excuse to stay home.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment