Tuesday, January 11, 2022

The Joy of Quilting

 It is still quite cool here but I am staying in and getting some work done.  I have finished the shopping bag finally.  It has taken longer than it should as I was working out what I wanted to do.  The rest should go together quickly.  I will do one more and then wait and see if they sell before continuing on.

The bag is fully lined with a heavy weight fabric so it will hold up when carrying a heavy load. Now I can do another one and then some more masks.  

A childhood friend has asked for a quilt for their first grandchild.  I always feel so privileged to be trusted to make something for such a special occasion.  The joy of being a quilter.

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. My mother in law is an amazing quilter in Morrisburg, ON. She made some really cute bags for an animal charity fund raiser auction last fall. One with a wee dog on it really caught my eye but was snapped up quickly. Unbeknownst to me, my sweetie bought one of her lovely bags for me to lug my knitting around. I must take a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see a photo of the bag. I hope people like mine.

      Delete
    2. It's very cute. I love a bag with a nice bit of character. I'm always lugging knitting around so a good sturdy bag is needed so the needles don't pierce it.

      Delete