Monday, January 24, 2022

Monday Progress.

 Thanks for the comments sharing your winter experiences.  It seems that most of Canada is experiencing very cold temperatures.  Quilters always seem to have the solution though, don't they?  If it is cold outside, it is still nice and warm in our quilting area.  I am sorry to hear that Karen is having back problems when quilting.  Under other circumstances, I would suggest using a foot stool but that isn't possible when you are at a machine.

I have finished my friends quilt and am getting ready to load a charity one next.  A repeat customer contacted me to see if I can do another of her quilts.  She always does the same applique design and this will be, I think, the fourth so I am pretty sure I can zip through it.

Yesterday was one of those lovely, sunny cold days that have to be photographed.  I took a few of the area to the north looking onto our neighbours property.

This photo is  now the my pc's background.  

While doing my rather slow studio tidying, I came across a number of backing fabrics.  They are now on hangers and in the guest bedroom closet.  I won't need to buy any more of that fabric for a while as I have nine in various colours, mostly light.

I buy a lot of fabric from Connecting Threads and I just got their latest catalogue which showed some thread I think I would like to try.  It is a 70 weight which should pretty much disappear into the fabric-great for when you make a mistake.  I will let you know how I like it and, more importantly, how my machine does.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I'm on the Robaxacet the heating pad today. Got the doubles all matched and pressed. As soon as it lets up I'll start making more bigger blocks. The process must proceed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter called today to tell me she has got her "sweatshop" all set up and ready to roll. She is so funny. She bought some fabric imported from somewhere in Africa for a quilt for a very special person. She was walking over town this afternoon to stock up on that spray adhesive stuff (I can never remember the name because I don't use it). Daughter inherited her quilting skills from her great grandmother.

      Delete