Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Who is Elderly?

 We have had a lovely anniversary celebration and have a funny story to tell as a bonus.  We went to the village's only nice restaurant for supper on Saturday and had a lovely, reasonable priced meal.  Hubby ordered a starter dish of deep fried onion rings, cheese, zucchini etc. which was delicious.  It was also enough to fill us up. However, we still had our main course which, for me was grilled pickerel with home fries. I made it through the fish but the majority of the fries came home with me.

Our server who owned the businesses stopped to chat for a bit.  He had moved here from the south (familiar story) to be closer to his elderly mother who, although she was still 'sharp as a tack' (his words) her physical health was failing.  She was having mobility issues but he thought she was still doing well  for 77.  I just about choked.  77 is elderly and expected to be in poor health!!  I am 75.  I don't think of myself as elderly.  Still the meal was good and we will be back if I can get my doddering self into the vehicle.

Hubby gave me a lovely set of pearl stud earrings which is something I have been wanting.


I have done really well in sales this month.  I sold a quilt at our event on Saturday, some items at a craft store, and two other quilts earlier in the month.  I should be able to get myself a good quality cane to help me totter. This is the crib quilt I sold.

Blessing


2 comments:

  1. I don't feel 'elderly' at 76, however, my husband seems to be heading that way and he isn't quite 75. Some days are not as good as others but then, I don't think younger people always feel tip-top either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Judy. I have seen some 20 year old's don't look as though they will make it through the day.

      Delete