Monday, May 3, 2021

Laser Work

 I don't know what happened to last week but it seemed to end almost before it started.  I did have one day when I had a bad case of heartburn but all the rest were reasonably normal.

We got our bug screen attached to the gazebo so we are ready for the winged onslaught.  So far, spring just doesn't seem to want to settle in.  We have had warm days but a lot more cooler and wet ones.  Of course, in this area, we don't usually start planting our gardens until May 24 so we are not behind schedule.  It just feels like it.

I got together with a couple of close friends on Friday to celebrate my birthday and that of another   women.  The dates were well passed but it didn't matter. Our hosts home was big enough we could stay our 6 feet apart and we wore masks when arriving and leaving.  I took my dog for a play date and she and the hosts cockerpoo had a good time.  Ice cream raspberry cheese cake (unbelievably delicious) and tea fulfilled the food requirements and exchanged gifts added to the fun.  

Today, I am adding the last border to a small quilt which will be donated to a charity when finished.  The Grace Company had a special video event last week with guests and tutorials.  One of the latter was on how to use a laser on the front of a long arm machine to trace patterns.  I have been wanting to do this for some time and made a point of watching it.  I put the info to use and was able to do a practice piece right away.  I am going to do this on the quilt I am finishing.

Stay well,

blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment