Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Free Pattern-Day Three

 Before proceeding to the next step, square all your blocks to 12".  If some of them are less than that size, trim to 11.5"  Being square is more important than the size. Now it is time to sew the sections together.  Chose 2 squares with the larger section being the tonal or solid fabric and two more with the large section being a print.  You can see by the picture below that I used blocks with the same fabrics.  You can do that or be totally random.  Sew these blocks together as shown and press.


In Canada, we just had a long weekend.  Of course, when you are retired, holidays don't mean much so while we are aware they are happening, they don't have any effect.  Sometimes that can be a problem.  I needed to post our grandson's gift and pick up a few things at the store so into the village I went.  When I arrived at the grocery store, the parking lot was empty and that was when I remembered the holiday.

I was rather irritated with myself but as I was driving back home I saw someone had put items at the end of their driveway with a FREE sign.  I stopped to see what was available and found a nice little wheelbarrow.  It was rusted but still good.  I taken the van instead of my little car so the barrow fit nicely in the back.

A good day after all.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment