Thursday, May 6, 2021

Off Centre

 Is it just me or are there more videos on line these days?  I seem to have at least half a dozen sent to me every day and I am sure that is double the usual number.  Probably it is because people have more time.  I don't pass on all of them but usually  send one to someone else.  I guess that adds to their daily number.

It was still raining a bit today but I took Heidi for a walk anyway.  All our neighbours were out doing yard work so I got to meeting another lady who I hadn't seen before.  We have had a lot of people move into the area this year (another Covid thing) and I have been gradually getting to know them.  There are still a few property's for sale so I expect there will be more new faces before the year is out.

I started loading a new top onto my frame but then decided to do a different one because the backing was so large.  I hate using a large backing on a lap quilt even if I am able to use the left over fabric for something else.  And  why is it that no matter how much backing you have, you hardly ever have one that is just right for a top?  One of the advantages of a pieced backing is that you  use a number of fabrics and one of them is sure to suit the front.  I have done this a few times but usually with small quilts.  I am always afraid everything will be off centre if I do a bed size.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment