Monday, April 26, 2021

Feeling Twitchy

 Judy shared, in response to my last post, that she was thinking about adopting an older but, as she already has another cat plus a dog, is worried about how they would accept another family member.  This is a realistic problem and, sometimes, no matter how much we want to be able to do something, it just isn't possible.  However, if a person isn't able to adopt a needy animal, we can still support the agencies that help them.  As quilters, we have tons of left over batting that can be made into mats.  I make a simple bag by sewing around 3 sides of a top and bottom fabric.  Turn it right side out and loosely fill with layered batting.  Stitch opening and then sew  diagonally from one corner to another and the same with the other two corners.  This prevents the batting from getting matted.  Use a smaller than usual stitch so the animal doesn't get its nails caught.  Denim or plain upholstery fabric makes a good cover as they are durable. Old towels, blankets and sheets can also be used by shelters and, of course, pet food.

This was my day for working on the computer.  I updated two web sites, our church blog and took care of some business for the Burk's Falls Art and Crafts Centre.  The end of the month is when I submit my magazine article so I got that started.  I was really hoping to be able to do some more organizing of the quilt room and a bit of quilting.  I am starting to feel twitching because I haven't been able to sew for a few days.  I will do some hand quilting this evening while watching television so that might help.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment