Friday, April 23, 2021

A Friend for Heidi

 Hubby and I watch a lot of animal rescue shows and one of the things we noted was the difficulty in finding homes for older pets.  One of my friends recently adopted a cat and purposely chose and older one.  We have been thinking of getting another dog as a companion for our Heidi.  We wanted another Westie and decided an older one would be a good choice.  One reason is that we are too old to have the energy for a pup and the second reason was our desire to give an older dog a place to be loved and comfortable for his remaining years.  I found a site that rescues Westie's and filled out the adoption form.

Our only concern is whether Heidi will accept another dog.  As I have mentioned previously, she seems to be friendlier to other dogs lately so we are hoping this will continue to be the case.  We may not end up getting a dog but we have taken the first steps.

Do you ever forget some of the tops you've made?  I was looking for one on which I could try out a new quilting pattern and came across a tote full of tops.  They are from our quilt group and I was given them to finish when covid shut us down.  They will be donated to a women's shelter when finished.  Someone else will do the binding.  I guess I had better get at them,

Blessings

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting that older animals is your topic today. On Friday I got an e-mail about a senior cat who will be needing a home because her mistress cannot take her to her new living arrangement. I am still thinking about it but we have a small dog and cat already and I'm not sure how they would be with another animal coming into 'their' space.

    ReplyDelete