Friday, April 9, 2021

Doggie Play Date

 Yesterday was a busy and lovely day as I celebrated reaching the age of 75.  It feels like a real milestone year as I think I may have finally matured as well as realizing I have a lot less years ahead than I do behind.

In addition to the many good wishes and cards I received, one of my favourite happenings was my little dog Heidi having a play date.  A friend came over with her dog who is about the same size as mine and really calm.  Heidi has never really liked other dogs although she has been changing a bit now she is older.  She seemed to be okay so we let both dogs loose in the house and watched the fun.  They had a great time with each other to the point of sharing a water dish and toy.


Heidi is the one with the shaggier hair.

This morning hubby woke me with the distressing news of Prince Philips death.  It shouldn't have been unexpected at his age but it wasn't.  I feel bad for the Queen.  Losing your spouse is never easy but I imagine it is especially difficult when you have been married so long.

Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday. You're catching up to me.

    The news about Prince Philip was the first thing I read on Friday too.

    ReplyDelete