Monday, April 12, 2021

Reversed Quilting

 It is a bit dreary today.  When we have had a run of nice sunny weather, I appreciate having one that is not as nice.  I have a hard time staying in doors most times but sunshine, whether accompanied by heat or cold, definitely drags me through the door.  Of course, when I am outside, it means all the things that need doing indoors remain unfinished.

Today, I gave the kitchen floor a good scrub and started exchanging winter clothes for summer.  The latter usually takes at least two days as I 1: have too many clothes and 2: I try to lessen number one.  There are always things that I didn't wear because they shrunk in the closet or they don't fit comfortably.  This winter I had bags (literally) of clothes given to me that were previously owned by someone who, like me, was tall.  This is a rarity so I had great fun adding slacks, tops and skirts to my closet.  I doubt if I will ever be able to wear them all so I am going to have to get ruthless and take some of them to the thrift store-when it opens.


.

Have you every quilted a top from the back?  I needed to add more stitched rows to a quilt I finished and, as the pattern I had done was a large diamond and I was going to do straight lines through all the points, I decided to reverse it.  I can see the previous pattern easier and a few guide marks are all that are needed to keep me going in a straight line.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment