Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The Future of Quilting

 It has been another lovely day with the temperatures well into the double digits.  I only got outside long enough to fill the bird feeder and move my car so hubby could buy some chicken feed.  I spent the morning and some of the afternoon on Skype before having lunch and getting at my quilting.




A friend sent me a post with various pictorial predictions and they are surprisingly accurate like this painting from 1930's of two women on their vision phones.  I remember when I was in my teens and Mom and I saying that one day would be able to see each other's faces when we phoned.   We are well beyond that now with our communications being more like something from the early Star Trek television show.
I am hoping we discover teleportation soon as I hate flying but would love to go to England to see my family.    I find it hard to envision how quilting will advance.  Perhaps robots will be doing the work and we will just program them.  Somehow that doesn't seem as if it will be as satisfying as doing it all myself although there are some tasks I would mind not having to do.
What do you envision as the next step forward in quilting?
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment