Friday, March 12, 2021

Belated Christmas

 We had a nasty wind storm yesterday.  I am not sure what the speed of the gusts were but I am surprised that we didn't lose our hydro because of trees on the lines.  It did flicker a couple of times; just long enough for the clocks to need resetting but, thankfully, that was it.

I had a lovely visit with my closest quilting friends in the afternoon.  We have just come out of a lockdown and we were able to keep our social distance so we took advantage of it.  Normally, we  meet once a month but, of course, it has now been almost a year since we were all together.  It was a lovely time of catching up on the news, meeting our hostesses new cat and exchanging gifts.  We usually give each other something at Christmas but, again this past year, we were unable to do that.

Of course, when quilters get together, we have to show quilts.  I had just finished a top for one of the ladies and also shared some vintage quilts that had been given to me .  These have all been hand quilted and, in some cases, hand pieced.  I don't know what I am going to do with them but they aren't going to end up at a thrift store where they may be used as dogs blankets or something equally disastrous.

Today the sun is shining although it is a bit cooler than yesterday.  The wind is a less vigorous but the roads are too slippery to go for a walk.  I haven't decided whether to quilt this afternoon or read.  I have been doing a lot more of the latter recently but I think I had better finish up the quilt that is on my frame.

Don't forget to put your clocks ahead one hour when you go to bed on Saturday.

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment