Friday, March 19, 2021

Covid Costs

I am still alive.  I had some sort of stomach bug this week and didn't start feeling back to normal until yesterday.  I did manage to get my customer's quilt finished and am doing the binding.  Today, I pulled out the fabric I need for the next quilt.  I should load one of my own tops to finish while I am working on the others.  I wonder if I will ever have all those completed.

I am glad I am getting this work because I see the price of almost everything has gone up considerable.  I understand that companies have lost a lot of money during the Covid shutdowns but I am not getting any increase in income to help them out.  One of my fabric suppliers told me the price of cotton has gone up 30% and there is still a back log.  They are doing their best to absorb some of the increase but, of course, they have to pay their bills as well.

We are planning to have a bigger garden this year and I am glad we save our seeds each year as the commercial ones have gone up by nearly a dollar.  I am complaining but, really, we are doing a lot better than most people in the world.  

Hubby has started gathering sap for our maple syrup.  We still have a lot of snow in the bush but it is melting fairly quickly.  Our temperatures have been above normal although I don't expect we have seen the end of winter yet.

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. So nice you have the maple trees and a garden, and of course, that you are still alive!! You are right about the costs...If we are feeling it, can you imagine folks who have lost their jobs..OMG..I keep reminding myself, that we are survivors!! xo

    ReplyDelete