Monday, August 17, 2020

The Trouble With Masks

 Last week I got a call from a friend I haven't seen in a while.  She was in the area and thought it would be great if we could all get (socially distanced) together.  I first met Evelyn when we were preparing to move to Ontario from Alberta.  I asked the members of an online quilt group I belonged to if there was any members from Ontario and Evelyn replied.  We met she and her husband at a family member's Bed and Breakfast and have been good friends ever since.

We agreed to meet at one of the Tim Horton restaurants and gave them directions.  As they got closer, Evelyn texted and I told her where we were parked and what we were driving.  Shortly after that, a car pulled in beside our vehicle and a masked couple got out.  I greeted them and followed them inside and showed them the table that I thought would allow us to visit while being far enough apart.  They hadn't said anything up to them which I thought was rather odd but figured they wanted to get their drinks first.  I said something more to the woman and she said "I don't think you know us because we don't know you"  How embarrassing. I thought my friends had changed somewhat but it had been a couple of years and they were wearing masks.  I slunk back outside and shortly afterwards our friends did arrive. 

I think it might be a good idea if we all wore name tags.  I wonder if I am the only person who has made this silly mistake.

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. It WOULD be embarrassing but I would think you are not the only one to have this happen. I have heard that some medical people wear a picture of themself to show who is behind the mask.

    ReplyDelete