Friday, August 14, 2020

A New Floor

 I am back.  I didn't go anywhere physically but have been even more busy than usual.  This Saturday past was the Burk's Falls Art and Crafts Club show and sale and I was making  my products for that.  We were blessed with great weather and had a good turnout of customers.  I not only sold what I had brought but some of what my hubby added.  The  club made enough money to help with expenses so it was a good day for us all.

On Monday, two of our friends came over to replace our old  bedroom carpet with laminate flooring.  It took a couple of days (not counting what hubby and I did) because it had to be worked around their schedule but it was finished by Tuesday afternoon.  It looks a lot better than I first thought.  I still have furniture to move back but that shouldn't take long.

This photo is a bit fuzzy but you can see how nicely the floor goes with my furniture.

Today was special.  For the first time since March, the majority of the members of the Burk's Falls Village Quilter's gathered together.  We all felt a great need to see each other following the death of one of our dear members and so we met in  a socially isolated circle at the park.  It was lovely catching up with everyone's news and sharing some memories of our friend.  We also discussed the topic on everyone's mind: when will be able to get together for quilting.  We set a target date of October in hopes that we will have a better idea of how safe it will be.
All in all it has been a busy but wonderful few days.  Next time, I will tell you about one of the problems with wearing a face mask.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. My friend, Davena, is in your quilting group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she was mentioning you yesterday, Christine. Thanks for reading my blog. Hope you are enjoying your summer despite all the restrictions.

    ReplyDelete