Thursday, August 27, 2020

Pillow Covers.

 I didn't get done what I had hoped today as I didn't pry myself out of bed early enough but I did make a number of pillow covers.  I recovered a couple for the couch in rooster fabric.  Because we raise chickens, everyone gives us related items including fabric.  I hadn't thought of using the later for pillows until I found a small rooster panel.  They look quite cheery against brown couch.  

The others I have done for the bed sit.  They are a bit more decorative and feminine.  I am going to be making one of old lace doilies and handkerchiefs.  Another of those items that I have saved without having a purpose for them.

I gave my new machine a good cleaning and oiling today and then realized I didn't know how to thread it.  There appeared to be only one way but it isn't the way I did it.  Guess I am going to have to ask someone. The needle comes unthreaded when I try to sew with it right now despite having a good long tail.  It sounds a lot better now so am anxious to use it.  Maybe tomorrow.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment