Tuesday, August 4, 2020

First Time Since March

Hubby and I did something today for the first time since March.  We went to our nearby town to do our big grocery shopping as we were running out of a number of things.  I debated leaving it until tomorrow as I figured it would be busy with it being just after a long weekend.  However, I figured that the next day would probably be just as bad with those who had waited the extra day all coming out.
It really was busy but I was able to get into the grocery store without waiting and, because the number of shoppers was limited the store wasn't overly crowed.  My timing was good because a line started forming right after I went in.
It was lunch time when I finished so we decided to go to our favourite restaurant as they were serving patio style.  It was a bit odd as it was necessary to figure out the procedures and the whole mask thing. There was a number of empty tables and, while it did take quite a bit of time for our food to arrive, it was good and we felt relaxed.  The later was the important to me as I get stressed if too many people are getting creative about following guidelines.
Now that we have passed that hurdle we can go back to having our lunch at a restaurant once in a while.  
Happy Day.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. We drove to the next county on Sunday and ate inside a restaurant. (Our county is still eating outside or eating take-out). It was our first time since March too and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The restaurant had the tables spaced so that no one was too close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how such an ordinary event takes on a great deal of meaning right now, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete