Tuesday, August 18, 2020

A Winter Reminder

 I have not been quilting for nearly five months.  I can't ever remember that much time passing  before as I have been making, thinking about or shopping for quilts from the moment I took up the craft.  The only quilt related activity I have done is to purchase some fabric, do one row with the long arm and start a hand quilted wall hanging.  Now that I am back onto the right path I am trying to decide on a pattern.  I want to make a cover for a small coffee table (20 X 30 inch top) using a design that is either something different or that presents a bit of a challenge.

I haven't decided yet but I am looking at a Pepper Cory book for inspiration.  I like her patterns but not the fabric she uses to make them.  I can never figure out why someone who has a choice of any fabric would choose the ones she does.  However, she must like them and we all have different likes and dislikes.

It has been quite a bit cooler today.  My car registered 15o C when I was coming back from the village just after lunch.  It was a good reminder that summer will end eventually and we need to get things ready for winter.  That means hubby has to make sure we have enough wood, the chimney is clean and the tractor is winterized as well as his other bits and pieces.  My job is doing preserves.  A friend gave me a jar of zucchini relish today so I have found a use for that crop.  Usually I freeze it for baking but the relish is quite good so will do that first.  I am sure that if I don't have enough zucchini to freeze that someone will share.

Do you have a new recipe you are going to try this year?

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I tried a recipe for zucchini bread and butter pickles that I found online. It is excellent, even the grandchildren enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. My husband loves bread and butter pickles.

      Delete