Thursday, August 20, 2020

A New Toy?

 We had a real treat this morning.  Hubby motioned me over to the kitchen window and pointed outside where a large hawk was sitting on the grass.  He appeared to be watching for a mouse.  I have never thought of them as ground hunters before but that is what this one was doing.  I had just enough time to take an out of focus photo of him with my phone.  I haven't downloaded it yet but when I do, I will share.

I have started cutting some fabric for a small quilt using a pattern that I am making up as I go.  It starts with 3.5 x 6.5 inch rectangles which are sewn together to make a square.  I will share the steps as I go along but need to get each one perfected first.

It hasn't been a pleasant day with a cold rain falling throughout.  We should still be getting some warm weather but the days are definitely getting shorter.  I usually look forward to the end of summer but it has been such a nice one this year (other that some days that were way too hot) that I am loathe to see it go.

On Saturday, I may be purchasing something I have been considering for a long time.  I have a couple of friends who are really into vintage machines and I have been thinking about getting a hand crank.  I have a lead on one in Huntsville that is a good price and in working condition.  We will take a look at it but I am pretty sure I will be bringing it home.  Here is a photo.

Blessings, 

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Both to see the eagle and to find the machine. I hope it works out.

    We were commenting just last night about how the days are getting shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. make that hawk. I don't know where the eagle came from. LOL

    ReplyDelete