Thursday, April 16, 2020

Good Friends

Last day, I thought, of making masks.  Last evening, I pinned all the ear elastics in place and then sewed them this morning before adding the nose wire.  As I was turning them all the right side out so I could sew the opening closed, I noticed I had put a majority of the elastics in the wrong place.  Instead of pinning them between the back and front layer, they were between the back and lining.  When I turned the mask right side out, the elastic stayed in side.  So....I unpicked, repined and will sew again tomorrow.
While I was doing all this, hubby and two friends were cutting up some felled trees into moveable lengths (called blocking)  and taking them to where the splitter is located.  We now have a nice pile to start next winter's heating source.  It was wonderful that the men could enjoy the outdoors while maintaining a safe distance and do an aging neighbour a good turn.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment