Friday, February 14, 2020

Gluten Free Lemon Sauce Recipe

I seem to be focusing on food more than quilting the past while.  Still doing some sewing but not today.  The quilt room was too cold with temperatures outside reaching well into the minus 30's with wind chill it was hard keeping the house warm.
I made the cake recipe today that I shared a couple of days ago.  It thought it would be nice as a Valentine's Day special.  It turned out great despite the fact that I confused Dream Whip and Cool Whip.  There are a couple of changes I will make when I do it next.  I am going to use a larger container so the cake batter isn't as thick (I used a mix-more about that later).  Then I will double the topping ingredients.  If you use the recipe for your cake layer you might not want to do this but as I made up a gluten free cake mix, it has a different taste.  The other alteration I will make is to mix a tablespoon or so of marmalade into the cake batter before cooking.
 I have been asked for the sauce I use on my cake when I don't add icing etc.
Lemon Sauce
Makes 1 1/2 c.
Combine in a saucepan:
1/2 c. sugar
3 tbsp. flour (I use gluten free)
1 tsp lemon rind
1/4 tsp salt
Gradually add:
1 1/4 c. boiling water
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened (5-7 min.)
Blend in:
3 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. butter.
Serve hot on cake, baked puddings etc.

I use palm sugar instead of regular from The Bulk Barm

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment