Friday, February 21, 2020

Big Stitch Quilting

I have an appointment to take my long arm machine in for servicing.  I am really looking forward to having Gracie in top form again and finishing up all the tops that are piling up.  My dear neighbour is coming over to look after the dog so we don't have to worry about her.
We had a bit of a concern today when we discovered the van was leaking power steering fluid.  I had been over a very rough road yesterday and thought perhaps I had damaged something despite keeping my speed way down. Our local garage was able to see the van right away and it turned out to be what he guessed-a clamp had come loose.  Easily and cheaply fixed.
I only have two more corners to stitch on a customer wall hanging.  It has been all done by hand which I have enjoyed.  I want to try some big stitch quilting  on one of my own quilts so will be searching through the tops to see if there is something that isn't too large.
One of my quilting friends has used this technique a few times and I like the way it looks. Another lady I knew did all her quilts this way.  If you are interested in seeing what it is about, here is a tutorial:



I am hoping to have the free pattern for you early next week.  Stay tuned.
Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Why do you have to take your longarm in for servicing? I hope it is nothing serious!! Mine has been back to the shop once, but I was having an upgraded stitch regulator put on, not because something was wrong with the machine. That has to be frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will enjoy learning and doing Big Stitch quilting. I enjoyed the video and will have to try stab stitching all of my stitches the next time I do big stitch. Normally I load 2-3 stitches on my needle and pull through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to the big stitch quilting. I wondered what that was. I like it! Hope your machine is soon happily stitching again!

    ReplyDelete