Thursday, February 14, 2019

One Quilt Section Finished


Today was a lot better weather and we got both vehicles operational again.  It took us quite a while to get my car dug out but we finally succeeded.  We then took the van into the village to fuel it and get some much needed supplies.  Tomorrow going to town to do our major shopping.  
Being housebound meant being able to get a lot of quilting done.  I have finished one of the sections of my red and white quilt.  It is done in rows so the photo shows three partial ones.
It should go fairly quick now that I have each step figured out.  
My son, who drives transport, had a long day yesterday.  I asked him to call when he got in because the weather was so bad.  He arrived home two hours later than normal.  It made for a long day.  I used to drive buses and sometimes the charter runs would go a lot longer than expected because the group wanted to do something extra.  And then I had to get up early the next day for the transit job.  Glad I don't have to do any of that anymore.
Weather is supposed to be okay again tomorrow except for light snow and not getting any worse than that for the weekend.  A follower commented on the amount of snow they had and hoped it didn't all melt quickly and cause flooding.  We don't have that problem at our home but there are areas around us that will be in trouble.
Hope you had a good Valentine's Day,
Blessings,






3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, was that me?? Rain and snow all week, to be continued over the weekend, with the mountains already getting up to 6 feet this week and expecting another 3 more this weekend. The skiers are happy and they may be skiing until the 4th of July!! I really like your red and white quilt...that is going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post.Keep sharing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm anxious to see how this quilt progresses. It is beautiful. If this were a quilt along I would be making this with you!

    ReplyDelete