Friday, February 22, 2019

Quilt Along

I love getting comments from my readers just to get the feed back but also because you frequently say something that triggers an idea or thought.  Mary mentioned that she is enjoying watching the progress of my red and white quilt (from now on called Return of the Snow Geese) and, if it were a quilt along, she would join.  My immediate thought was 'quilt along, what a great idea'.
I have a quilt that I am going to make in the very near future and if you would like to join me, I would love to share the steps with you.  I will work out the fabric amounts and steps and then we can start.  Thanks, Mary.


The first 3 rows of the Geese quilt are finished so now it is just a matter of repeating the steps.  I have set it aside for a moment while I work on my mother in law's lap quilt and then I have another to do for a neighbour.  There isn't a rush to finish it but I will get back at it after the other two are completed.

The weather has been much nicer this week although we have another weather warning on its way for Saturday evening and Sunday.  If we lose our hydro, I have a lot of hand sewing to do but I would rather it stayed on.  It hasn't been that bad this winter which, given the weather, is unusual.
Enjoy your weekend,
blessings, 

2 comments:

  1. I do like your Snow Geese! it's going to give you a nice classic quilt finish. I am intrigued about QAL. Is this going to be a Mystery? or will we know up front where we are going with it? And the timeline? I may or may not be interested .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Return of the Snow Geese is going to be a beautiful quilt!! I'm also interested in the QAL...but I have control issues with a mystery!! I always have to wait until the end to see the quilt and then it is a real struggle to actually make it.

    ReplyDelete