Thursday, February 7, 2019

Challenges


Thank you for your good wishes and prayers regarding my tests.  The results showed that I do not have asthma but allergies.  I was advised to take an over the counter medication which I am now doing.  Dear hubby cut a bunch of pills in half and I take one in the morning.  Still having some problems but not as bad as before.  

You will probably not notice most of the changes but Blogger is deleting some of the features that I use.  One of them is comments although I am not sure if that is completely disappearing. If it does,  I hope you will use either my Facebook site or my emails as I really like hearing from you.


Our Heidi was well looked after by a friend and her husband while I was at my appointment.  I think all the special treatment convinced her that she  was top dog.  You can see she still thinks that way.


Some quilting projects just have to be accepted as they are.  The blocks for this top were donated to the Burk's Falls Village Quilter's along with a lot of other fabric and partially constructed tops.  We are using them to make donation quilts.  I took this bundle to assemble and didn't get very far before running into some challenges.  The blocks were part of an exchange (I have the instructions) and it seems that many of the participants didn't follow the instructions.  Instead of having half the blocks the reverse of the others, they nearly all have the four corner and center blocks in dark colours.  I decided to ignore that and just sew them together.  Some are slightly different in size so they had to be left out.  At first, I thought it all looked rather hodge podgy but the overall effect isn't bad.  I need to add some borders and then it will be done.  It might not win a prize but it will keep a child warm.
Blessings, 

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love it when quilters can't follow directions??!! Oh, we're talking about me!! That's when I end up creating orphan blocks for myself!! It is a lovely quilt and definitely will keep a child warm (and there are so many different fabrics to check out as well)!!

    ReplyDelete