Friday, September 28, 2018

Postcards

I am ready to quilt my star wall hanging.  I added a few extra touches today including French knots in gold metallic thread.  They won't likely show up unless you are looking closely but I like them as they add some depth like tiny stars that you can barely see.
I also did some experimenting with a couple of photos.  Tourists are always looking for photos and/or postcards that depict the area.  I decided to see if I could do some.  (See I don't always spend my time quilting.)  I have tons of photos that I have taken and that show off some of the best features of the area. Here are a couple.

Now I have the star quilt  ready for the frame, I can get back to one of my commissioned quilts.  I just got asked to finish another top as well so it seems as though I will be busy for a while.
Have a good weekend.


1 comment:

  1. You certainly live in a beautiful area!! Your pictures are gorgeous and would make perfect postcards!

    ReplyDelete