Monday, September 3, 2018

Fair Day Prizes

I did quite well at the fair.  I have some photos to share.  You have seen the quilts so just took pictures of some of the other items.  Before I do that, however, this is the address of where you can get the elephant pattern for those interested:  abby glassenberg design.  Can be purchased at AnniesCatalog.com.
 This kitty wall hanging wasn't a fair entry but wanted to share it anyway.  It was made by my friend who is visiting.  I helped design the pattern.  Didn't she do a wonderful job?
 My doll outfit earned a first prize ribbon.  I really enjoy making clothes for this doll as it is an easy size.

 My coaster only got a 3rd prize ribbon but I still really like them.
And my placemats also got a first.  I got 6 firsts, 2 seconds, 1 third and one item that didn't get anything.  I was especially pleased that my chili sauce got a red ribbon.  I will try and find photos of the quilts and post them just so you can see which ones they were.  Am I being narcistic thinking anyone cares?  I often think about that but assume that if a person isn't interested, they will just stop reading and delete.

I forgot to mention that my elephant also got a first.

All in all a good day and now I can relax for another year.
Hope everyone has arrived safely home after the long weekend,
Blessings

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading about what you have made and how you did at the fair. Congratulations.i especially enjoyed the coasters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really like them too, Kathy. Not sure why the judges didn't but that's okay. I am going to be doing matching placemats.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your fair winnings, and entries.
    You worked hard with your entries and it is always nice to see them in place at the fair, ribbons or no ribbons.

    Don't be discouraged with your coasters placing 3rd, or the others. Sadly, I have often noticed there is no rhyme nor reason to how some of the placings are made at our fairs. What was really frustrating was when I stood in wonderment as to "why why why did that one get 1st?", while hearing others vocalizing it, while they spoke highly of the 2nd. All the while not knowing that I was the owner! Truth being there were others that placed lower that could have replaced that 1st prize quilt and I could have found rationale as to why. But for it, I just could not figure it out.

    I don't expect to win or even place every time, nor did I for that fair. What I try to do is to look at the placings and determine what the judge was "seeing" as s/he placed the entries, and was s/he consistent in that. Sometimes I can figure it out, and can see where my entry followed the trend .... or was way out in left field!

    All the same ... be proud of what you showed and know others took note and appreciated them at the fair too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your winnings! I entered my Wonderland quilt in our county fair on Saturday. Judging was Monday, but I haven't been yet to see if I won anything. Hopefully I'll get to go before I have to pick it up next Sunday! Maybe tomorrow if the weather here isn't too bad. Your coasters are very cute. I don't know why they didn't win first. And I love those placemats! Great job on everything!

    ReplyDelete