Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Gifts for the Grands.

It has been a busy day.  I finished a charity quilt and got it ready for binding.  I was planning on loading another customer quilt but my house guest had a better idea.  She was taking a couple of small items for our grandchildren with her when she returned home.  Postage is a lot cheaper in province and it was also possible her son would be driving to the area so that would be even better.  I gave her the items and address and figure that was that.  Nope.  She thought that making pillowcases for the children would be a great idea so we spent a lot of the rest of the day doing those.  I will admit they turned out beautifully and think the children will really like them.
In the middle of the afternoon, we took a break, if it could be called that, to bring in the rest of the tomatoes.  I didn't realize how many there were.  We pretty much filled one of those totes you use to carry groceries and that was with leaving behind all the little red and green ones. Looks like I am going to be making a lot of tomato based preserves.
After pulling up the plants and the stakes, we were both tired but, troopers that we are, we went back to sewing.
I think I am getting to old for all this excitement.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about you but sometimes those grandkids are hard to keep up with. Sounds like you both had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as though you had a great time! And I know the grands will love what you made them. Mine love for me to make them things! By the way, I did get a first place ribbon at the fair for my Wonderland quilt. You can read about it on my blog, if you like! Thanks for commenting about it last week. I was very excited!

    ReplyDelete