Thursday, September 6, 2018

A Helping Hand

Thank you all for the nice and supportive comments about my fall fair entries.  Brenda, I am looking forward to hearing how you did.
A huge box arrived in the mail today.  It was stamped as extra heavy with a symbol for the carrier.  I was glad that hubby was the one that went in for the mail today as I wouldn't have been able to carry it.  The box was packed with clothing for the memory quilt I am making for a customer.  There was a separate bag containing T shirts for the her son.
I told myself that I wasn't going to open the box right away as I was already working on two quilts but the temptation was too much.  It was so much fun sorting through the contents and deciding how each would be used.  And then the cutting began.  Not by me though.  My visitor volunteered to get started and we decided that 9 inch squares would be good.  She has been doing an excellent job.  Some squares include a pocket, others a section from a button closed front, lace, sequins and other adornments are on other pieces.  I am really going to enjoy sewing them together.
A number of sweaters have been included and I think I will back them with iron on interfacing and serge around the edges of the pieces I use.  I am hoping that will keep everything from unravelling.
Tomorrow, hubby is taking us on a drive north to see if more of the trees have changed colour in that area.  My friend is returning home a week from today.  I am going to miss her.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment