Monday, September 17, 2018

Vintage Quilt


Last week was pretty eventful.  There were the shopping and housework, plus a medical appointment and, of course, lots of quilting.  On Friday, I took my friend to the airport for her return home.  It was sad to see her go as we had had a lovely three weeks.  I know she will be coming again so, until then, I will try and be content with emailing.  I have the same reactions when my sisters visit.  I love having the time with them but hate it when they go home.  It always feels as though part of you is being torn away.
I try to get back to usual activities as quickly as possible and just be thankful for the blessings I have.  I got my customer's vintage quilt loaded on the frame and started working on it today.  A couple of sections had to be replaced but I was fortunate in being able to find fabric that was fairly close to the original.  As was often the case with early quilters, the lady who made the top used a variety of fabrics: poly cotton, something that looks like it might be used for lining, textured cotton, and broadcloth.  The little hexagons are all hand sewn as it the border and the blanket stitch that joins the center to the border.
I am using a simple all over meander stitch which compliments without detracting from the top. It is such a privilege to be asked to help someone finish a family treasure.






Vintage Quilt



Congratulations to reader Brenda @ Songbird Designs who won a first place ribbon for her quilt  Wonderland


A Gift from my Friend-her design.  Note the twin towers in the background.


Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I love the quilt your friend gifted you! Lov those musical kitties!

    ReplyDelete