Monday, September 24, 2018

Hustle Time

If you live in Ontario, you have probably heard about the tornados that touched down near our nations capital on Friday.  It was quite a distance from us but we got very high winds.  They were fast enough that they took down trees and hydro lines.  Our power was off from Friday to midday Sunday.  Other than not being able to flush the toilets, we weren't in to bad a situation We have a gas cookstove plus the wood stove for heating.  A portable radio that hubby gave me for Christmas gave us music and news.  Solar lights from outdoors enabled us to read and navigate the house.  But, I think it is time to get our generator working.  We were concerned about the food going bad.  We were fortunate that our church hydro came on earlier than ours and we took the most perishable there.  The freezer is in the mudroom and it stayed fairly cool.  However, we are always going to be as lucky and, in the winter there is always a concern that the water pump and line will freeze.
I spent Sunday afternoon doing laundry and dishes but am still behind on quilting and writing projects.  I will have to hustle this week.
I was able to get one beg project finished.  I have been wanting to go through all my patterns and get rid of the ones I don't want and organize those I keep.  I got all the pieced patterns finished.  I filled a garbage bag with the discards.  I know that the applique patterns to do.  The final step will be to go through my magazines, photocopy the patterns that I am sure I am going to make and then donate the magazines.
This quilt was made for me by my friend Lilliana.  She doesn't use a pattern.  Everything is done from an idea she has in her head.  I think she is amazing.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. So glad you power is back on and you didn't lose any food. Ours went off in early summer after storms and was off for about 36 hours. We lost everything in our fridge and freezer. But we were blessed that we didn't have any wind or hail damage. As many tornadoes and hurricanes as there are in the south, we really need a generator! Maybe one day!!

    Your friend is amazing! That's an awesome quilt! Musical kitties!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you didn't get it, seems like storms are getting worse latly

    ReplyDelete