Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Three More Months.

It is quite windy with a heavy rainfall tonight and the dog doesn't like it.  She barks every time there is a gust or an increase in the rain.  I am sure she thinks she is warning us of danger but it gets a bit annoying when you have to keep assuring her there isn't an emergency.  She reminds me of the robot in the old TV show Lost in Space.  It would wave its tubular arms and intone "Danger Will Robinson."  I often wonder how the actors on shows like that managed to keep a straight face.
Thank you for your kind comments on my friends quilt.  If she had had the opportunity, I am sure she would have been a celebrity quilter.
I have finished the vintage top I was asked to quilt.  It is ready to go to its owner this weekend.  All those tiny hexagons are sewn by hand as is the border and the blanket stitch border embellishments.
I need some quick inspiration for a star quilt which is my Island Batik project for September.  I really like the Lemoyne star so think I might do that but I will need to get at it right away. Tomorrow I start my jam making.  Strawberry will be the first with pumpkin butter if I have time.  I also want to do more tomato jam as well as some grape.  That should keep us going for the winter.
Three more months until Christmas Day.  I hope you have started making your gifts.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment