Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Obedient Chickens

Whew, I am tired.  Been slugging away at my course but also trying to get a bit of the outdoor work done.  Raked the yard and a couple of the flower beds.  There is still snow in some places but the light raking got rid of some of the dead leaves and grass not to mention the  unmentionables liberally sprinkled everywhere.
Hubby is working on the last of the syrup.  He was finished but a few more gallons had gathered in the buckets so he decided to do that as well.  The trees have lost their ornaments now so there won't be any more sap to tempt him.
Our chickens are enjoying being able to be free in the yard.  They are very obedient in coming to the coop when I arrive to give them their evening feeding.  I am often glad my city friends can't see me in my rubber boots, gloves and cane surrounded by a flock of milling chickens.
Long gone are the days of high heels and make-up.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great being able to slug around on the farm .

    ReplyDelete