Thursday, May 17, 2018

Hummers are Back

I did something today which I haven't for a long time:  I read a book.  I haven't finished it yet so I guess "am reading" is a better phrase.  I finished as much as I could without assistance on my course and decided to just stop.  It was nice enough to sit outside so that is what I did.  The blackflies have arrived but aren't biting yet so I was able to stay until supper time.
I will get my garden planted this week and then on Tuesday, I shall be ready to start the course test.  It goes on for 8 weeks.
Our hummers are back so we got one of the feeders put up.  Will add at least one more.  We get a mating couple that returns each year and would like to encourage more.  They tend to be territorial so an extra feeder or two might help.
Still haven't really done any quilting.  I will be able to get at it at group on Monday as it is a holiday.
If you are on the road, stay alert.  Victoria Day weekend is usually when the most collisions happen.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment