Friday, May 18, 2018

A Good Hot Cuppa

Today was our bird day.  We got our hummingbird feeder up yesterday after the male representative of our returning family let us know they were back.  He always flies past the living room window so we can see him and put out the feeder.  We had two dancing around this morning and deciding who was going to be the alpha bird.
About the same time, while we were sitting outside, we saw a bird that sent me into get our books.  It took a while and Facebook confirmation for us to agree that we had a Rosy-Breasted Grosbeak-two of them, in fact.
I took a photo while we were trying to identify it but thought it was too far away to show much.  I was pleasantly surprised when I cropped it down to find that I did have a good picture.
With the latest royal wedding a few hours away, there has been a lot of focus on a cup of tea.  Anyone who knows me, knows that this is my favourite beverage.  I like it strong and black.  The water has to be boiling not just hot.  It is pretty much impossible to get a decent cup of tea in most restaurants as they use the water from the coffee maker.  Ugh!  The scum on top of the water is always a give away even before you taste it.
Here are some quotes from other tea lovers that had been shared on Facebook.

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~ CS Lewis
The most trying hours in life are between four o clock and the evening meal.  A cup of tea at this time adds a lot of comfort and happiness. ~ Royal S Copeland
I got nasty habits; I take tea at three. ~ Mick Jagger
Tea makes everything better. ~ Bindi Irwin
I was always brought up to have a cup of tea at halfway up a rock face. ~ Bear Gryls
‘There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea. ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment