Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Frugal Quilting

I submitted the first step of my web course test today.  This week we had to do an outline of the web site; what it will include etc.  (Watching a hummingbird at the feeder outside the window.)  That part was easy as I have been thinking about it for a while.  I am not going to get overconfident though as I know it will get progressively more difficult.
I finished quilting my pillow top today and also worked on the quilt that is on my frame.  Two or three more passes and it will be done.
A friend shared a link to a site I found quite interesting.  www.frugalquilting.com has some interesting ideas.  You might want to scroll to the bottom of her page to check out other links.
I have included her opening comments here.
Blessings,
The Geese Crossing Quilt Block
The Joy of Frugal Quilting

What is Frugal Quilting?




When I was a little girl, I slept under a quilt that my grandmother made out of my old dresses.  That was a very frugal quilt. There are other ways to make quilting frugal.  Quilting can be an expensive hobby, or it can be done in a very economical way. You don't have to invest in a multitude of quilting tools or patterns.  It only takes a handful to tools to start quilting.  Specials rulers and other quilting papers and gadgets come in handy, but are not necessary.

If you go a long time without using special quilting rulers, you forget how to use them.  Then you have to spend your time learning how to use them again. At best it is a quick review.  At worst, you've lost the instructions and can't remember how to use them.

You don't need patterns to quilt.  Once you learn the basics of quilting, you will have more fun making your own blocks and putting them together in your own unique way. 

This website will teach you what I call "simple measurements."  Once you learn this concept, it will be very easy to make blocks that all fit together.

This website is dedicated to teaching how to save money quilting and how to be a frugal quilter.

www.frugalquilting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment