Sunday, February 25, 2018

A Mental Break

It is really windy here today.  The hydro has flickered a couple of times but has, so far, stayed on.  I am having a day of quilting and am working on my next Island Batik project as well as choosing fabric for a mystery quilt and sewing the border on a top.
If I can get all those projects completed today, I will be really happy.  I have very limited time to quilt now so really appreciate it when I can get at it.
We had freezing rain this morning and the roads (and our yard) are a mess.  Our little country church service was cancelled as many of the folk drive a fair distance.  Even if you were next door, it would have been treacherous as the roads don't always get seen to right away.
Hubby was going to start tapping for maple syrup this weekend but, with all the ice, it has been too dangerous.
You have seen all these photos before so I hope you don't mind me sharing again.  I know that I don't usually post on a Sunday but I thought I would take a few minutes mental break from the machine. the Island Batik project is very finiky so I need to do take frequent mind stretches.
Blessings,


2 comments:

  1. Smart to stay home if you can when the roads are icy/snowy!! Looking forward to seeing what you are creating that requires mental breaks...something fabulous, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sew-snow days.... Good to take a break and then get right back into it!

    ReplyDelete