I was able to spend a pleasant and relaxing hour or so in the studio this evening after I sent in this weeks assignment. I got a quilt top ready for the binding and chose the fabric that I will use for that. I decided to do the binding a bit scrappy as the top itself is made entirely of 2.5 inch squares. I picked out a few precut 5 inch by width of fabric from my Island Batik left overs and will piece them together for the needed length. I think that will be a good finish to it.
While I was sewing, I had the on stereo listening to a couple of my favourite CD's. This is always my favourite way to enjoy music but it has been a bit frustrating the past year or so. I like a multi CD[player which is not something easy to find with ipods etc. being the music playback of choice now. I was able to purchase a player at the Salvation Army Thrift Shop for only 30.00. It didn't have a remote which isn't generally a problem but I found that the CD setting was set on 'random' play. I like mine to play in order.
I was finally able to find a remote on line. It arrived early this week and it works perfectly. My ears are happy.