Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Free Patterns and Showing Appreciation

As you know, I love scrap quilts.  Most of the ones I make are from my own designs but there are also a lot of wonderful patterns from other quilters.  I recently was give a link to a site that has amazing patterns-many of them free.
Before I pass on the link, I would like to share a thought.  I know only too well the hours of work it takes to design and perfect a pattern.  It is amazing that after all that effort that the pattern is offered without charge.  I encourage you, if you use these free patterns, to support the designer by purchasing one as well.  You will benefit by helping to keep the free designs available and the designer benefits by making a bit of money.  I would also like to suggest that you send a photo of the quilt you made using someone else's pattern.  I always appreciate seeing someone else's interpretation of my creation.
Here is the link:  https://www.quiltedtwins.com

It has been a rainy day and I have been busy keeping the wood stove stoked.  Have also got my place mats quilted and the binding on the runner.  Another project almost done.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment