Thursday, April 13, 2017

Cutter Review

Our bird feeder has really been busy the past couple of days.  They must know that this is going to be the last time I am filling it.  In addition to the usual chickadees, sparrows and other little brown birds we have also had redpolls, finch and a starling.
I expect that the bears will be coming out of hibernation soon, if they aren't already, and feeders are always a draw.  We rarely see a bear on our property although they are in the area.  We work on the principal that the animals were here first and, as long as they don't because a nuisance or attack our chickens, they are free to come and go as they wish. Our responsibility is to make sure we don't do anything to contribute to them being a problem.
Hubby decided to do another day of boiling sap as the pails filled up again.  He has been out all day and I have been a good wife taking him food and drinks.  Heidi and I went for a walk mid day and then I did a bit of work in the garden although it is really not dry enough yet to do much.  I am planning on hanging my laundry on the line tomorrow.  I am tempted to wash all the sheets and towels just to get that lovely outdoor smell again.
In between all that, I have made good progress on my granddaughter's quilt.  I almost have the blocks sewn into rows.  I might not get them finished tomorrow as I have a couple of sewing jobs to do for neighbour's. 
I almost forgot to mention that my Fiskar's rotary cutter/ruler combo came today.  I did a few test cuts with it and I think I am going to really like it.  It is certainly easy to use and much easier on the hands than the regular rotary cutter.  It is called Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo if you would like to check it out.  This one is made specifically for fabric.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. The joys of a life integrated in the splendor of country life!!!
    Almost sounds surreal!
    But i AM looking forward tontasting Roger's sap!!!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete