Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Buds on the Lilac


 
 
 
These photos were taken at the beginning of November last year.  Today, as we are in the middle of the third week of November, I finished winterizing my roses.  As I was raking up some more leaves to put around the various bushes, I noticed that my lilac was starting to bud.  I know that everyone has been enjoying the weather but I am concerned about what it is doing to the plants.  They need a certain amount of dormancy to produce the following years.  Also, if they are budding now they will certainly be harmed when winter does arrive. We are supposed to get snow on Friday so that should stop any further advancement of bud growth.
 
I got another crib quilt onto the frame today.  I haven't decided how I want to quilt it yet but at least it is loaded and ready.
Hubby went in to see the surgeon who is going to do his hip replacement today and he is ready to go as soon as he has had his hernia operation.  This is good news.  We are anxious for it to be done as soon as possible so he can start healing and get back to life without so much pain.
We thought he might have to wait a while before he was able to get scheduled so are thankful it isn't the case.  A big thank you to those who have been praying for him.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment