Thursday, August 6, 2015

Baby Chicks

Hubby brought home 60 baby chicks yesterday.  Fifty are meat birds and the other ten are multipurpose-meat and laying.  These little bundles only take up less than a square yard of space right now but that will quickly change.  Hubby is keeping a close eye on them  as the first week is when they will have problems.  We lost one of the flock he got a few weeks ago.  It wasn't eating and just got weaker and weaker.  Hubby tried to help but without success.  In retrospect, we should have brought it in the house and hand fed it until it got stronger.  It still might not have helped but, should the need arise again, we will try.
I have got my crib quilt onto the frame and have started the quilting.  I am having problems with the thread breaking again so am working through the steps to try and solve the problem.  I am doing two different patterns, one around the borders and the other on the centre panel.  I will post a photo when I get it done.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment