Tuesday, March 5, 2013

We Have a Winner

Congratulations to Jackie who won the draw for a free pattern.  Thank you to everyone who entered.  I will have more free stuff later.
If you are looking for a pattern to celebrate spring, I am working on one that has pots of tulips set on point.  I hope to have it ready for purchase by next week.
We have started tapping our maple trees.  I went out with my husband this afternoon and, as he drilled and put in the taps, I hung the buckets.  Before I could do that, however, I had to pry them apart and pull the sled through snow that was up to my knees.  I could have used the snow shoes but then would have needed the poles for balance so it seemed easier to just wade.  After I reached the point of exhaustion, I just stayed by the pails and took them apart so my husband could hang them later.  We have 35 trees tapped now.  Some have already started dripping.  We have another 50 yet to do but they can wait for a day or two.
Tomorrow, we have an appointment with the surgeon who operated on Roger's carpal tunnel.  His office is in Huntsville so I will do some shopping while he waits to be seen.  It looks as though everything is healing nicely.
These coloured blocks of ice you see in the photo were the result of an experiment.  I filled 2 liter milk containers (cardboard) with water and added a few drops of food colouring.  Then I put the containers in the mudroom where they froze.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them but finally realized I had better get them outside before spring arrived.
Next year, I will come up with a design.  In the meantime, I will save cartons.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment