Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wow! That Was a Celebration

I think my head is getting back to dealing with my usual activities.  My husband and I spent most of Friday cleaning house and getting ready for my birthday celebration.  I didn't know what was happening other than people were coming.  I knew my brother and his wife had previous plans and the same was true with my husbands family.  I was disappointed that they wouldn't be there but realized that everyone has a life.
Just before eleven, people started arriving and kept coming until around two.  The house was full and a number of people were outside as we had lovely weather.  This, as it turned out, was a factor in Roger's plans.  At one, I was told I had to go outside as something was going to happen.  And it did.  In the distance, I could hear the wonderful sound of a piper.  It got closer until he reached our yard and continued to play for another half hour.  Many of my favourite tunes were included: Dark Island, Scotland the Brave, Flower of Scotland, Amazing Grace etc.  and, of course, Happy Birthday.  It was one of the most amazing moments of my life.  I love the bagpipes and frequently listen to them on cd but nothing, nothing takes the place of hearing them live especially when surrounded by nature.  I will never forget the thoughtfulness and love of my husband.
And, yes, my brother and sister-in-law and many of my husbands family came as did my son, sister from England, church and quilting friends, neighbours and other friends. It was a wonderful, wonderful day.  Most people don't have their lives celebrated until they have died.  Mine was celebrated on my 65th birthday.  I am truly blessed and very fortunate.  I will tell you, tomorrow,  about the quilting things I received.
Blessings

3 comments:

  1. Oh Anna - that brought tears to my eyes! What a wonderful day for you and kudos to your hubby!! I am so glad you had a wonderful day and memories that will be with you forever!!

    Lori S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband's definitely a keeper! Glad to hear you had such a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful Anna - I'm so glad you had a very special birthday. You certainly deserve it my friend. A big hug to Roger as well, so thoughtful. :) Pam

    ReplyDelete