Friday, July 27, 2012

Bolero is a Bother

Do something today that scares you.  I read that on a bag from a clothing store and the statement started me thinking of what I could do.  I am afraid of zip lining and walking over gorges on a rope bridge,ferocious animals, angry people with guns and a number of other things that I am not going to challenge.  However, I am also afraid of climbing ladders.  I don't mind hopping on a chair but not a ladder.  So, I think, I will get my husband to prop one up somewhere and hold it while I attempt to climb a few steps.
I am usually of the opinion that shopping bags should stick to their purpose-carrying things rather than trying to be philosophical etc.  Maybe, though, this one has got me on a path of facing new challenges.
On another note, if you will pardon the pun, do you have a piece of music that makes you want to change stations.  I really dislike Ravel's Bolero.  I think it is like a drippy tap.  I have been getting some work done up this morning and was just getting ready to take a break, have a cup of tea and write my blog when Bolero was announced.  A load of laundry was waiting to be put on the line so I grabbed that, hung it up, chatted with my husband, took the dog for a mini stroll and came back in to hear the last repetitive drum beats. Whew!
We are having company for a few days this coming week so I may not be posting regularly.
Have a great weekend.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment