Thursday, July 28, 2011

A List is Needed

I finished the top for the table runner last night and am now picking out the fabric for a lap quilt. This is another project for our fall fair.  I found a pattern in a book that I want to try.  Looks fairly simple but it all depends on the fabric so am going to have to start pulling things from the shelves to take a good look.
I feel rather blah today. The weather, I suppose.  It is rather overcast and it feels like rain.  It is one of those days when I really feel like curling  up with a book but, I won't. Once I start reading, I don't stop until the book is finished which means that, in my eyes, I have lost a day.
I am not sure why that is important.  I guess, retired or not, it is hard to get out of the habit of being occupied or accomplishing something with your time.
A lady on one of the groups who is newly retired asks how people motivate themselves.  I am a list maker.  If I have some things that need to be done, I make a list of the things on which I need to focus. Lists, to me, mean a deadline and deadlines keep me on track.
Perhaps I should have made one for today.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna!! There are somedays when I think that you and I were separated at birth - despite the 5 year age difference!!!! I, too, have great difficulty giving myself permission to read for a day when we are at home. There is always something that catches the corner of my eye that needs doing!!! I usually read in bed at night but only for a half hour max so it takes a while to get through a book. But I recently read a book over 2 nights - lost a bit of sleep - but it is one of the best books that I have read in a long time!! I think you would enjoy it. It is called "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. It made me laugh, cry and also a little angry in spots but loved this book and have been recommending it to anyone who will listen!
    Thanks for you wonderful blog - I check it every day!! Have a great weekend. Lori S.

    ReplyDelete