Thursday, September 1, 2022

Fall Canning Underway.

And, all of a sudden, I am in canning mood.  I was going to wait until August was over but decided I had better get the crabapples done, then came the over abundance of tomatoes to be froze.  I am going to turn those into catsup this year. The crabapple jelly didn't set as well as I would have liked but it will do.

 

I have all my fall fair entries ready.  Usually, I am scurrying at the last minute.  I will make the brownies and pick carrots tomorrow but everything else has the labels attached and ready to go.

The temperature has dropped to below 20c this week although there was some humidity earlier because of the heavy rainfall The change in temperature have caused to  leaves to take on a tinge of colour  and I expect they will begin changing quickly now.  They seem slower this year as we often have a fair bit of orange along our driveway by now.


Blessings,




No comments:

Post a Comment